What we do
See our Recent brochure for more information
Grants, Development Support, Unlocking Social Capital
VAF’s core work is managing third and private sector grant funds. VAF currently manages:
- The Promoting Equality and Cohesion Fund (click here for further information)
- The Equallly Safe Violence Against Women and Girls Funds (click here for further information)
- Wellbeing for Longer in Glasgow Fund (click here for further information)
- The Volunteering Support Fund (click here for further information)
- Workplace Equality Fund (Click here for further information)
- Glasgow Children's Summer Food Programme (Click here for further information)
Investing in our Communities
VAF's strengths-based approach provides "more than just money" to the third sector and the funder. By investing money, increasing capacity and building relationships, we help to unlock the knowledge, skills, connections and resources that already exist within communities. This creates positive, sustainable benefits for all.
Developing Social Capital
For over 30 years VAF has been leading the way in developing innovative approaches to fund management. We recognise Social Capital as a vital community resource - the networks, shared understanding, norms and values, trust and reciprocity which underpin the development of civil society. VAF’s approach has always been to help people help themselves and has a long history of bringing funded projects together for shared learning, working collaboratively with Government and supporting organisations to engage with their service users and respective communities to identify need, deliver effective projects, and evaluate their impact. VAF has a strategic partnership with Assist Social Capital, Edinburgh. Please click here to read more.