*** This Fund is now closed to Applications ***
Applications can now be submitted up until Friday 20th July 2018
Glasgow Children's Summer Food Programme 2018
Voluntary Action Fund (VAF) manages the Glasgow Children’s Summer Food Programme on behalf of Glasgow City Council (GCC).
This new children’s summer food fund aims to enable community organisations in Glasgow to provide nutritious food for the children using their services during the summer period (between 27th June and 14th August 2018). Up to £2 million will be invested, through awards of between £500 and £25,000, to challenge holiday hunger. Glasgow City Council has created this fund to enable upward of 15,000 children to be fed over the holiday period, in ways that support their well-being and a healthier relationship with food. Applications are welcomed from organisations able to offer food as part of their holiday provision; ‘not for profit’ holiday clubs, community cafés or organisations working with families in their homes. This fund is for children of nursery or school age (0-18years) to enable more of the cities children to thrive.
To be eligible, applicants must be a third sector/not for profit organisation operating in the Glasgow City Council Local Authority.
These policy documents should provide useful background and relevant information for applicants.
It would be particularly useful for applicants to read through and familiarise themselves with this information before applying.
- Glasgow Children’s Summer food Programme – Healthy Lunch Criteria
- Glasgow City Council’s Food Hygiene Information - Environmental Health Page
- REHIS food hygiene training requirements (www.rehis.com). See FAQ's for more information.
- Food Standards Scotland (www.foodstandards.gov.scot) information on:
- Food Hygiene Information Scheme (FHIS). See FAQ's for more information.
- Allergens and Labelling
- Cooksafe; for advice, guidance and templates to meet food hygiene and food safety requirements
Funding Criteria and Eligibility
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- A third sector/not for profit organisation working in the Glasgow City Council Local Authority area. Click here for map of eligible area;
- Able to run the project during the Glasgow City Council school summer holiday (27th June – 14th August 2018) preferably for a minimum of 2 weeks;
- An organisation with a bank account in their own name, with at least 2 signatories on the bank account.
If successful, individuals and organisations will be expected to have knowledge of the current Food Laws and either have or be prepared to be registered with Glasgow City Council’s environmental health department.
You can find out more information on environmental health food laws here and also how to register your organisation with Glasgow City Council through their one page form here – this is required whether you are preparing food from scratch or buying in and serving from another supplier.
For more information, please click here and refer to our promotional flyer.
How to apply
This fund is now closed.
It is advisable to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser when completing your online application. During testing, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge were much slower when downloading and uploading essential documents.
Further Information & Enquiries
The deadline for applications has now been extended to Friday 20th July 2018, however grant award decisions will be being made on a weekly basis. Early applications would be preferred.
VAF staff can provide technical support but please note that we cannot offer project specific advice or comment on draft applications.
For the list of funded organisations and contact details via their websites please follow this link.
For details of when and how regularly projects will operate, please contact the organisations directly.
As the fund is still open to applications until 20th July, the list will be updated reqularly to include any new organisations.