Expressive Arts Competition 2016-17
Voluntary Action Fund (VAF) manages the Expressive Arts Competition Fund on behalf of the American Mothers Inc., a UN-based NGO. The aim of the competition was to:
- Raise awareness of the values associated with nurturing and building the capacity of humankind;
- Celebrate diversity;
- Recognise societal values;
- Enable children to come together from a diversity of areas and backgrounds.
Applications for funding is now closed. A list of funded organisations can be seen below.
How did the competition operate?
The theme of the artwork was "What my mother* means to me". *Please see flyer for more information.
We are funding recipients to produce and exhibit artwork, they each selected two pieces to put forward to represent the school/organisation at events in Glasgow and Edinburgh in March 2017. The children were invited to attend this exhibition and celebration.
A judging panel selected the final 6 winning entries. Prizes of gift vouchers were made to the winning individuals/groups as well as a small monetary donation made to the school/organisation.
You can view our Storify here from the Events held at The Lighthouse and the National Museum of Scotland
VAF are delighted to announce that 32 organisations were successful in gaining grant funding through the Expressive Arts Competition Fund.
Funded Organisations 2016/17
- 14th Clyde Scout Group, Motherwell
- Auchencairn Primary School, Auchencairn, Dumfries & Galloway
- Bonnybridge Primary School, Falkirk
- Central Leith After School Project, Edinburgh
- Crookston Community Group, Glasgow
- Cumbernauld YMCA/YWCA, Cumbernauld
- Diversity Arts, Glasgow
- Dykehead Primary School, Wishaw
- Glasgow East Arts Company, Glasgow
- Glendinning and Burgh Primary Schools, Galashiels
- Information and Learning for All, Glasgow
- ISBYM Scotland, Glasgow
- Jack and Jill Support Group, Bellshill
- Kilmarnock YMCA, Kilmarnock
- Kilmaron ASN School, Fife
- Lawmuir Primary School, Bellshill
- MugStock Ltd., Glasgow
- Muslim Women's Association of Edinburgh, Edinburgh
- New Struan School, Alloa
- Newmains Activity Group, Wishaw
- Orchard Primary School, Wishaw
- Our Place Our Families, Renfrew
- Playbusters, Glasgow
- Port William Community Development Trust, Port William, Dumfries & Galloway
- Recite Films, Elgin, Moray
- RIG Arts Ltd., Greenock
- Ross-shire Women's Aid, Dingwall
- Sacred Heart Primary School, Bellshill
- Shakti Women's Aid, Edinburgh
- Stane Primary School, Shotts
- Time to Heal, Aberdeen
- Women's Aid South Lanarkshire and East Renfrewshire, East Kilbride
For further information please download:
If you have any queries about the Fund, please contact VAF on 01383 620780 or ExpressiveArts@vaf.org.uk